At the end of the year, we often reflect on what transpired in the past year despite our many plans. It is true that the economy has not improved much, but we somehow manage to keep on rolling, doing whatever we must to make it all work. When things get tough, it’s easy to lose our perspective and fall into a negative cycle of thinking. This nearly always keeps that negative cycle fueled with energy. Remembering to take a moment and align thoughts with positivity, faith, hope, and compassion. It’s a good time to review life goals and career opportunities.
Education is an asset
The Education Asset will lead to many different potentials that it may totally improve overall life conditions.
Explore the options. Choose to further education at a university, community college, technical school or opt in to the quickest way, on-line opportunities. The investment can be pretty significant.
Consider the numbers: The average annual cost of attending a four-year private college is more than $30,000. For a four-year public college – or one supported by state tax revenues – the tab is over $12,000, on average. On-line education is a huge bargain at $1500 to $3000 for comparable training.
The investment, no matter which option, is significant, but often financial aid is available through government grants or private lenders.
We believe that learning has less to do with sitting in a classroom or attending lectures or labs, than it does with an individual’s quest or yearning for knowledge. Take any subject, be it history, physics or needlepoint, and the first thing to do is pick up is a book whether hard bound or in an electronic format. In that Ã¬bookÃ® is the knowledge needed to move things forward. But, we have to make sure we understand what’s in the book since that is the key. We must be able to process the information in a way suitable to our ability and learning style. The pitfalls of most traditional learning methodologies is that students are categorized into the same pre-defined mold and expected to learn at the same pace, and to then move forward with the rest of the class. If the learner falls behind, s/he typically fails.
On-line, self-paced learning allows one to proceed through the study materials at a pace the learner defines. If a chapter needs to be re-read a chapter four times in order to comprehend the information, it can be done. If it takes three months to get through a section that may only take two months for someone else, that’s okay — you have that option — you move forward when you are ready, not when the teacher or the rest of the class is ready, or forces you to move forward. By the same token if you can get through the material in one month, while everyone else needs two, then you aren’t being held back by the teacher or the rest of the class — you can move forward on your own.
Self-Paced Learning still requires dedication and discipline. You have to want the knowledge, recognize the benefits that it will bring to your life, and be willing to put forth the effort, without a teacher standing over your shoulder forcing you to do it. If you have the desire and dedication to learn, and the discipline to pace yourself, you can frequently save yourself a great deal of time and money! Without the need for traditional classrooms, salaries, etc., on-line training offers you the same training that you might otherwise pay thousands for in a traditional brick and mortar school.
And, best of all you can learn at home!!!
If you’re looking into the possibility of getting legal career training or a medical coding syllabus online, here a few things you need to know: First, online training is a wonderful, fast track and inexpensive way to learn all you need to know to enter the workforce. Med-Certification’s online career training courses have a 16 year track record of astonishing success training medical billers, coders, medical transcriptionists, medical office specialists/administrators, and pharmacy technicians. Look at the legal potentials too: Legal transcription or paralegal/legal assistant are truly exciting career choices. And, best of all, you can finance your education.
On-line learning is a great fit for those who:
- Prefer to learn at home
- Don’t like to waste time (driving, etc.)
- Require flexibility in scheduling the time to learn
- Are self-motivated and like to work alone
- Don’t require hand-holding
- Are excited about the option of doing things faster and more economically in educational pursuits
- Need more affordable educational options
On-line learning is not a good option for people who
- Tend to put things off
- Need a nudge from someone rather steadily to finish things.
- Are kind of lazy
- Need a teacher on a face to face basis most of the time
- Don’t mind commuting to or sitting in a classroom
- Believe the academic effort will be less
Other Things to Think About
- Degrees – are they practicable? Are they transferable? (most are not should you wish to continue any other educational options at other schools than the one who granted the degree)
- Certificates of completion are as useful as Ã¬associate degreesÃ® with many employers
- Competency-based training is a great alternative to learn what you need to know to get a good job.
The reality is that colleges and universities can no longer ignore the fact that online training is better, more efficient, faster, and far less expensive. That is why most schools are scrambling to incorporate online learning into their curricula. Lots of them use our training programs.
Education is more than a requirement for dreams. It is a survival kit in the oceans of reality. Knowledge is as essential as food and water. Without it, the demons and scorpions of the world will prey on you.
Look at the Possibilities:
- Medical Office Specialist: Learn administrative and clinical skills related to the principles of medical assisting. First-hand experience by performing common clerical duties, handling patient/client data files, preparing patients for procedures, performing basic laboratory tests, and carrying out clinical duties such as taking vital signs, sterilizing instruments, preparing patients for procedures, and performing basic laboratory tests.
- Medical Billing: Learn the skills required, practicing on real patient information and billing processes, complete with comprehensive test and practice exams to provide not only the basic theories needed, but have lots of hands on experience all the way. Then get great jobs!!
- Medical Coding: A great way to get an interesting career in one of the fastest growing (coder shortages continue) professions in health care. Coding really is now what drives the whole process of billing, epidemiology, and statistics. It includes terminology, coding, and health information (insurance specialist).
- Medical Office Manager: A gold mine for opportunities in administration/management of a medical provider office or a hospital department. It’s a great way to add your future career into one package. It includes medical terminology, billing and coding, health insurance specialist, and the leadership training for office management.
- Medical Transcription: Learn to transcribe dictated medical records for providers in private practice and all of the hospitals which do huge volumes of patient documentation using dictation. Hours and hours of real physician dictation to practice on too! Then get great jobs!! The best work at home opportunity out there!
- Pharmacy Technician: The complete program to learn to become a Pharmacy Technician, including PTCB exam for certification. Learn pharmacy law, standards and ethics, dosage forms and administration, prescription and the business side of pharmacy. Complete with the pharmacy math review. Everything you need to get a really good job!
- Paralegal Training: A great way to jump right into the hottest new field in online work at home jobs, or great legal office jobs. Learn all about the law: courts, documents, file systems, formats, interview, legal writing, law specialty, and internet savvy. Then work through the citation workbook and you will be able to perform research and manage cases and litigation yourself!
- Legal Transcription Training: This course is a great way to move right into the growing demand for online work at home jobs. Learn all about the courts, documents, file systems, formats, and internet savvy. Practice on real dictation, then find great work at home jobs.
A good time to reflect on the future. Check us out at www.med-certification.com. Lots of free information and course sampling. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-771-1902.