Moving one’s life path from the negative to the positive side of living sounds hard, but simple tools are available to make it happen. In the teaching process for medical and legal training courses, Med-Certification.com encourages affirmations to begin with the course training, and to become a regular part of the success process of learning new occupational and life skills.
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are statements of truth in advance. It’s the state you choose to live in now. The thoughts you are thinking right now are, in fact, this moment, creating your future. It is important to choose your thoughts wisely and to use your words wisely. Positive affirmations are positive statements or self-scripts that condition the subconscious mind to begin thinking in a way that is more effective. Affirmations help to alter bad habits, accomplish goals, and may also help undo the damage caused by negative self-talk, those things that we repeatedly tell ourselves (or which others repeatedly tell us) that contribute to a negative self-image ñ things like, I can’t, I suffer fromÖ, my life sucks. Positive affirmations are a tool to use to begin consciously recreating our lives.
What Can Affirmations be Used For?
Affirmations can be used to change bad habits like smoking, overeating, unhealthy eating. Affirmations can be used to attract things you want more of in your life such as better relationships, money, jobs, etc. Affirmations can be used to change your thoughts about yourself and others. Affirmations can be used to reduce stress and your response to stress. Affirmations can be used to assist in forgiveness and releasing anger. There are many wonderful uses for affirmations, which are again, powerful statements used to reprogram negative or harmful thinking.
Below you will find specific affirmations for specific circumstances. Try some of them on your own too.
- I am attracting love into my life every moment of every day.
- I enjoying showing love to others and have an abundance of love in my own life.
- I will be more loving to each person that I meet.
- I can love to those who are challenging.
- My life is filled with loving people.
- I feel great about who I am as a person.
- I am worthy of all good things.
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I will always view myself as a loving, intelligent, and creative human being.
- I am a person who is worth loving.
Smoking/Drinking/Drugs (whatever is the offender)
- I do the best I can for my body in creating perfect health.
- I will smoke less today than I did yesterday.
- I can stop smoking.
- I am smoke free and totally in sync with life.
- I enjoy eating healthy foods in moderate quantities.
- I enjoy taking care of my healthy body.
- I enjoy moderate exercise each day.
- I eat only foods that are healthy for my body.
- I am conscious of what I eat each day.
- I am calm and relaxed.
- I am a capable person handling anything that comes my way with ease.
- I let go of any tension in my body and just relax.
- I enjoy a stress free environment.
- I let go of any fears and feel confident and secure.
Achieving Your Dreams
- I am able to accomplish anything that I set my mind to.
- I enjoy reaching my goals and then setting new ones.
- I am a high achiever!
- I am a magnet attracting that which I want into my life
- I expect to receive that which my mind can conceive of.
- I always have more than enough resources.
- I have unlimited opportunities!
- I love the work I do and prosper greatly from it.
- I am worthy of having a life of abundance
- Attracting abundance into my life in all areas is easy for me.
- I easily let go of angry feelings.
- I release feelings and thoughts that are not good for me to hold onto.
- I feel peaceful inside of myself and with those around me.
- I can always choose to feel differently whenever I want to.
- I choose to feel happy and peaceful
- I forgive those who have hurt me.
- I easily forgive people who have hurt me.
- I understand that I cannot change other people, but I can always change myself.
- I release those in my past who have wronged me and I send them on with love.
- I forgive myself for any perceived shortcomings.
- Ideas flow to me easily and effortlessly.
- I am free to create any kind of life I desire.
- I am creative and resourceful.
- I enjoy my creative side.
- I easily tap into the creative flow of my life.
- I enjoy a job that I love.
- My job brings me much personal satisfaction.
- I attract great jobs to myself.
- I find great joy in my career choice.
- My coworkers are easy to get along with and we enjoy each other’s success.
Tips for Using Affirmations Effectively
To effectively use affirmations, please consider the following tips:
- Repeat. Repeat. Repeat
- Work with only 5 at a time.
- Work on one habit, goal, or desire at a time.
- Write or type your affirmations repeatedly throughout the day.
- Always start the day reading your affirmations out loud.
- Always end each day reading your affirmations out loud.
- Make flash cards or sticky notes of your affirmations and place them around your home.
- Make your affirmations statements that you can believe.
- Work with one set of 5 affirmations for 4-6 weeks.